Poetry

The assignment was to write four poems for my creative writing class next Friday. I thought I would share a few of them since I've had very little say lately. Most of my life is recovery these days, as it should be. But the process doesn't make for very good blogging material right now. It's just a little too intense. So this is probably the best alternative for the time being.


Opposites with No Working Definitions

Love/Indifference
Generosity/Jealousy
Red/Blue
Kalahari/Antarctic
Infatuation/aversion
Spiritual/material
Singularity/binary
Woman/man
You/me

Months of Storms

“I’m a moody …sometimes.”
What did you say?
What did you call yourself?
As always, I cling to
a few words of yours
and become deaf to the rest.
It’s not my fault you’re moody,
however, I know I irritate
you; your irritation is natural.
Were you vehemently pissed
at birth? Or did you learn to
tell the world
“F**k off!”
when you hit puberty?
Whatever the reason,
I gasp when you say that.
Not because of the f-word
(although you think so)
but because your outrage
slams into steel
rending it into disparate pieces,
leaving the bewildered
to save themselves
and me to my amusement.
I’ve seen, heard and felt
immeasurable cataclysms before
yours flows through and around me
because I simply refuse
to be moved
.


Comments

SAM said…
Dear Co-Bloggers,

December 10th is the International Day dedicated to Human Rights and this is why I am forwarding you an invitation, to take part of this worldwide activity.

As a bahá'í, I think we could leave our mark on that day, showing everyone and with everyone (from all relegious and cultural backgrounds) all that we are all One World, One Life.

I know you have your own concerns in this matter, and this is why I want to make people aware of it.

I am inviting you to go to www.phoenixadaeternum.blogspot.com and see how you could be a member of this network that holds for one cause: the cause of humanity, the cause of Human Rights.

Thank you,
Sam
Liz Dwyer said…
Oh those poems are FIRE! Wow!
Ms Angela said…
Sam,

I haven't gone to the website yet, but I will before Sunday. One World. That's all we have. And with God, all things are possible.

Liz,

Thanks, I appreciate that. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Deep breaths. This is only part of your life. Part 3

My former English professor and mentor

Emotional Incest