What should we do when we are faced with a Baha’i law or teaching that we do not understand?

I really liked this article, and I want to thank Philipe for posting a link to this blog on his site. Please click on the link to this blog. It ties in with what I was talking about in my previous blog, albeit a bit indirectly. There are a lot of difficult questions in life, and while I have found answers to some, others remain beyond my ability to comprehend. That's way it is--an never-ending search. I began the search as child, and while I can't say that I've found the definitive answers to life's perplexities, I believe that I have developed a relationship with the Eternal Source that will provide me with the answers I seek when I am ready for them. Only God knows when I am ready. I certainly don't.

I would also like to invite any Baha'i reading this blog to post a story detailing why they made the decision to become a Baha'i. I do have a few suggestions (hint,hint) that you could include. No pressure, of course. ;-)

1. When did you become a Baha'i, and what prompted you to declare your belief in Baha'u'llah?

2. What was your religious affiliation growing, and how did that belief system play a part in your decision to declare?

3. How has your life changed as a result of being a Baha'i? Or has it changed at all?

4. What is the biggest challenge you have in your life when it comes to putting the Faith into practice every day?

5. If you have children, is it difficult to teach the Faith to them? Do they object to the teachings because they are don't want to be ostracized by their peers (my kids did that), or do they embrace the Teachings to the best of their ability?

All right, I'm going to do something obnoxious here--I'm going to tag a few Baha'is specifically to answer these questions on their blogs, and I will post links to their stories here--Liz, Philipe, Barney, Malik, SMK, Monday's Child--I'd like to read your stories. Ok? Like I said, no pressure! And please click on the link to the story below!

What should we do when we are faced with a Baha’i law or teaching that we do not understand?

Posted using ShareThis
3 comments

Popular posts from this blog

Emotional Incest

My former English professor and mentor

Thoughts as a result of the #MarchOnWashington