Still off line...

I guess I'm not supposed to be distracted from what I'm doing right now, which is:

1)Celebrating one year of intense recovery from food addiction and a loss over 80 pounds as of October 1;

2) Being fully present in my life and taking the "next right action" instead of pondering and daydreaming about the future all the damn time;

3) Marveling at the fact that God has kept me serene and abstinent while placing my mother in a skilled nursing facility and dealing with all the legal/emotional issues of being her conservator while my father continues to drink and wonder why Mom can't live with him anymore. I had to take action to ensure that my mother receives the care she needs, and my Dad can't care for her anymore. No one in the family can. I feel guilt, sadness and anxiety, but I still eat only my three weighed and measured meals, one day at a time! This is truly a MIRACLE! Praise God! He is God! All are His servants, and all abide by His bidding!

4) My favorite holiday is coming up on this Friday, and I get to spend it with my little man--my grandson! I'm dressing up as a witch, and he's going to be a swashbuckling pirate. Just like last year, Halloween is not about the "treats" anymore--it's all about having fun with my little man. My daughter doesn't allow him to eat candy (thank goodness), so we probably won't do the trick or treat thing. But Nana is full of magic and creativity these days, so we're going to have a good ole' time!

5) It looks like I have a tummy tuck and hip replacement coming up within the next six months. My orthopedic surgeon is seeing me on November 4 to set the hip replacement surgery date, and my primary care physician is working on the referral for the tummy tuck, which is being done for medical, not cosmetic reasons. I have a large amount of excess belly skin that pulls on my lower spine, causing my disks to compress (I've lost two whole inches--I used to be five feet seven, now I'm five feet five!) and an awful lot of pain. But I won't mind having a flatter tummy, of course!

I don't know when I'll be back online, but in the meantime, please believe that I mean this--I hope all of you experience astounding miracles in your daily lives as I have in mine. I never thought I even had a slight chance of being in a normal sized body. It's not only possible, it's happening! I just show up do the 1% of the work. God does the rest. He keeps me calm and comforted in the midst of the storms of life. Miracles are real! Ya' Baha'u'l Abha'!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deep breaths. This is only part of your life. Part 3

My former English professor and mentor

About Love (Love Actually)