SOUL PANCAKE: Rainn Wilson on Oprah's radio show!

First of all, I'm feeling MUCH better right now! All praise to God, the Most High! Prayer DOES change things! Anyway, I watched and listened to Ms. Winfrey interview Rainn Wilson, who, if you don't know, plays "Dwight" on The Office. Now, I have to be honest--I've never watched a full episode of The Office. I'm usually not at home when it's on. But I've seen segments of episodes, and those little bits were definitely funny, even though I know very little about the characters! That's some comedic genius right there; much love to the writers, directors, producers and actors for getting this woman to laugh at a five minute bit!

So, why was Rainn Wilson appearing on Oprah's Sirius/XM syndicated radio show? Well, the main reason was to talk about his web site, Soul Pancake, which you can check out here:
SoulPancake And what, you might ask, is SoulPancake? Actually, it's not something I can easily describe. It's best left to the expert on the subject, Mr. Wilson. So check out the web site. You'll be glad you did.

And about Oprah interviewing Mr. Wilson--it was a great show, and just between you and me (let's keep this seriously confidential, folks), Ms. Winfrey seemed more than just a little interested in finding out more about the Baha'i Faith. Apparently, she's done some ridin' past the Baha'i House of Worship in Willamette, Ill. (outside of Chicago, for those who don't know), and has wondered about what's going on in that mysterious yet extremely beautiful building. Well, she was surprised to discover that there's no secret rituals going on (Rainn mentioned Baha'is do NOT sacrifice goats or anything like that), in fact, the House of Worship is not JUST for Baha'is--it's for everyone, regardless of religion or lack thereof, to worship. pray. and commune in unity with people from all walks of life. Oprah seemed taken aback by that. I guess she heard rumors and paid attention to them instead of doin' some independent investigation of the truth! All you had to was ask, Oprah! Baha'is are pretty easy-goin' folks. Well, most of us, anyway. My community would probably say otherwise about me!

But Rainn did a marvelous job of explaining the basic teachings of the Baha'i Faith. I started wondering if he was prepared to invite Ms. Winfrey to a devotional gathering or a study circle! (Ha, ha, wouldn't THAT be something!) The interview is also worth checking out; it's probably one of the best I've seen Ms. Winfrey do in a long time. I guess it has a lot to do with the fact Rainn was her only guest, and there was more time to do a more in-depth interview. Best of all, she didn't have to break for commercials every two minutes. It's nice to know that she doesn't ALWAYS cut off her guests just as they are trying to say something!

RAINN WILSON ON SOULSERIES

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deep breaths. This is only part of your life. Part 3

My former English professor and mentor

About Love (Love Actually)