Real Love

I forgot to write about something very dear to me, or rather someone. That person is my grandson, Xavier, who is my heart. My daughter Clarissa (his mama)brought him over to my place last night, and I'm telling you, I was in heaven! At five months old, he is holding his own bottle (even tips it up when the formula is running low), grabbing everything he can get his hands on, and trying his best to squirm his way out of someone's arms so he can explore the room by himself. He's Nana's sweet baby BIG boy! You should see the hands and feet on this kid, they're enormous! I thought about him a lot on Valentine's Day. I know every grandmother says this about her grandbabies, but he is the sweetest, most beautiful little boy ever! I just love cuddling him; he grabs my face, covers it with slobber (two teeth have come in) and laughs uproariously. Love is being with my grandson!

Also, please read Brother Phillipe Copeland's blog "Baha'i Thought and Black America". He discusses the Dayfinder's Conference that was held last week at the Green Acre Baha'i School. I was going to go, but after meditating, I realized that God wanted me to stay right here and work on healing myself. I was so ready to go, as I always am when I don't want to deal with my own garbage. But in hindsight, it makes sense. I'm in very early recovery from an addiction that nearly killed me. I need to be stronger, so I can serve better. I am not much good to others when I'm face down in the food. I have hope today, and maybe I'll have the chance to help someone else who has the same problem. In the meantime,thank you,God. Thank you for carrying me thus far.

I intend to serve the Cause of God in this Day. That's what I'm doing, and that is what I am going to do for the rest of my life. Please read his blog. Here's the URL:

http://www.bahaithought.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deep breaths. This is only part of your life. Part 3

My former English professor and mentor

About Love (Love Actually)