For Today

First of all, recovering from hernia surgery during allergy season is really, really messed up. Every time I sneeze or cough, I pray that I'm not busting the stitches open. So I'm practicing cough and sneeze control, taking Claritin during the day, benedryl at night, ingesting massive doses of Vitamin C, zinc and those dissolving herbal seasonal allergy tablets developed by the company that brought us "Airborne" tablets (and yes, it seems to help) and being thankful that I don't have to do much of anything these days except stay in my apartment. I'm an absolute mess.

So in the spirit of taking it easy one day at a time and accepting life on life's terms, not mine, I'm going to indulge in a little levity here. I found these fun little tests in my draft folder, and so I'm going to post some of them. I don't remember when I took these tests, but as usual, I got distracted and didn't remember that I intended to use them. Well, nothing else is happening in my life right now except bills (as always), so why not? The only other thing I have on my agenda for today is my daily recovery work and watching season 1 episodes of "Heroes" for the second time. (sigh) I'm trusting you, God. Really I am. I know my job right now is to recover from not just surgery but the way I have been living my life, but being still like this is rather difficult. I should be trying to earn money to pay my bills, and I can't even do that right now. All right, for today I have to be still. But You didn't say that I have to like it.

So here's some of the tests. I'm a Mermaid? LOL! Ouch. I can't laugh too hard, either. I thought I would be a Dragon instead of a Mermaid. I do know that I'm total space cadet, and daydreaming has always been a major preoccupation in my life. But knowing the "connections in the Universe"? What good is that when you have bills to pay?

But I guess the fact that I'm a Mermaid goes along with have a "love element" in Water. That's too funny to me, especially in light of the fact that I have only one water sign in my natal chart. I'm mostly fire and air, in fact, I have more air signs than anything else. (Note: fire signs are Aries, Leo and Sagittarius. Air signs are Gemini, Libra and Aquarius.) Apparently, the love element test is based on Eastern or Chinese astrology, which contains more elements in their natal charts than Western astrology. I'm supposed to avoid Earth men, (lol, yeah, that explains everything right there; I should be dating aliens!) and I flow best with Metal. Hmm. I wouldn't mind Iron Man. I've always thought Tony Starks is hot. But when you put water and metal together, what happens? Rust. That doesn't seem very romantic to me.

As for the last test, well, it's nice that my aura is the same color as such luminaries as Mahatma Ghandi, Martin Luther King, Jr. and Susan B. Anthony. I don't see myself as being anything like those people, especially when AT&T says I owe them an outrageous amount of money. But it's a nice thought. And my career should be a political activist,inventor or life coach? We can scratch politics off the list right away. Even before I became a Baha'i, I learned more about the political game than I ever wanted to know. It's like swimming in shark tank without a cage or protective gear. Some people have no problem doing that. I'm not the one. An inventor? Oh, good grief, I can't even use a screwdriver correctly! And life coach? Now that's hysterical. I did mention the bill situation, right? How can I coach anyone about life? I need a life coach!

Actually, I do have a Life Coach, otherwise known as God. It's just that I get too impatient. It's easy to forget that I'm on God's timetable, and He's not on mine. I have a Taurus ascendant, and having a very tight little income with no visible means of supplementing it in the foreseeable future makes me very, very nervous. Back to trust. I'm trying, but it ain't easy.


You Are a Mermaid

You are a total daydreamer, and people tend to think you're flakier than you actually are.
While your head is often in the clouds, you'll always come back to earth to help someone in need.
Beyond being a caring person, you are also very intelligent and rational.
You understand the connections of the universe better than almost anyone else.
What Mythological Creature Are You?
Your Love Element Is Water

In love, you connect deeply and commit totally.
For you, love is all about taking risks and moving into unknown territory.

You attract others with courage and confidence.
Your flirting style is defined by your flexibility and ability to adapt.

Nurturing and shared learning are the cornerstones of your love life.
And while you may jump in to love too quickly, you always come out the wiser for it.

You connect best with: Metal

Avoid: Earth

You And another Water element: will pull each other down into a dark place
What Element Is Your Love?
Your Aura is Violet

Idealistic and thoughtful, you have the mind and ideas to change the world.
And you have the charisma of a great leader, even if you don't always use it!

The purpose of your life: saying truths that other people dare not say

Famous purples include: Mahatma Gandhi, Martin Luther King, Jr., Susan B. Anthony

Careers for you to try: Political Activist, Inventor, Life Coach


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deep breaths. This is only part of your life. Part 3

My former English professor and mentor

Emotional Incest