At Bosch

I'm posting this from the absolutely gorgeous (and pleasantly warm) Bosch Baha'i School in the Santa Cruz mountains. I'm here with my Baha'i community, Rancho Cordova, for our annual community weekend retreat, where we get together to laugh and play, pray and meditate, deepen and discuss. I'm doing a four hour presentation on the Hidden Words and the Seven Valleys (I won't have time for the Four Valleys). My emphasis will be on losing our attachments/addictions to the material aspects of life, and opening up to manifesting more spiritual communication with God on a daily basis.

I've come to believe that people not only teach what they know best, but what they want to know more. I know more than most people should about addictions and attachments, and now I want to know more about God. Even if I studied 24 hours a day for the rest of my life, I would never know enough. But I'm trying. And I'm hoping that this weekend, I'll learn a little bit more, and move a millimeter closer to having God lead my life. I'm a very stubborn, willful person. But God has a lot more patience than I would with a person like me. Even though I almost ran my own life into the ground, God allowed me to continue on this journey so I can grow up, spiritually and emotionally. I'm extremely grateful for that. I'm not so sure if I deserve it, but apparently God sees things differently. I'm not leaving until HE says so.

For those of you who unfamiliar with the Hidden Words and the Seven Valleys, you can read more about them here: http://reference.bahai.org/en/
If you can search for the Hidden Words and the Seven Valleys and the Four Valleys. You can read the entire text online. Understanding their full meaning, however, is altogether different.

Ya Baha' ul' Abha'!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deep breaths. This is only part of your life. Part 3

My former English professor and mentor

Emotional Incest