Tests, tests, and more tests!

My son got me into a personality test jag. It turns out that my youngest, Chenelle, is an ENFP. I was reading the descriptions of an ENFP and an INFP, and I realized that I have a lot of the traits of an extroverted intuitive feeling perceiver. The differences between INF and ENF are fairly slight. So I guess I'm a switch-hitter between introvert and extrovert, depending on the season, weather, mood, activities, the people I've been around...whatever. :) The only thing definitive is that I perceive instead of judge. I like the way Marc describes judging versus perceiving: "A person who perceives things will look at someone who has committed a crime and consider the circumstances surrounding it to determine whether that person is guilty or not. A person who judges will say, if you do the crime, you do the time, period. No circumstances." That works for me. I'm definitely on the perceiving side.

I have pretty strong opinions about certain aspects of life, but for the most part, I will consider all factors and circumstances. People are who they are, not what we believe or want them to be. All are serving God's purpose, whether they know it or not, or even whether they believe in God or not. I haven't walked in anyone else's moccasins but my own (and those are so worn out that I need a new pair), so I can't say much about another person's journey through life. But I can certainly try to understand it, and even if that isn't possible, I can accept it. It's a good thing I haven't been placed on a jury yet. I would probably piss everyone off.

So here are my results from the SimilarMinds test:

Introverted (I) 51.28% Extroverted (E) 48.72%
Intuitive (N) 60% Sensing (S) 40%
Feeling (F) 52.78% Thinking (T) 47.22%
Perceiving (P) 75% Judging (J) 25%

INFP - "Questor". High capacity for caring. Emotional face to the world. High sense of honor derived from internal values. 4.4% of total population.
Take Free Jung Personality Test
personality tests by similarminds.com


All right, so I have WAY too much time on my hands these days! :D But wait...I've decide to add these tests from okcupid:
The Relationship Control Test:












Independent Fun

Way to go! You are 45% controlling and 50% flexible in your ideal relationship.

You just as soon let your mate do what they want than do something you don't want to. Yet you contribute to the relationship in your own way. Find someone who is Easy Going and things should be great.








This test tracked 2 variables. How the score compared to the other people's:
Higher than 39% on Dominance
Higher than 52% on Flexibility




Link: The Relationship Control Test Test written by adaminlafayette on Ok Cupid
View My Profile(adaminlafayette)

Find someone who is easy going. Right.

And also from okcupid (I've taken 11 of these tests, plus answered 365 questions, some of which were too bizarre for words) the infamous "Dating Persona" test:

The Sonnet

Deliberate Gentle Love Dreamer (DGLD)

The Sonnet

Romantic, hopeful, and composed. You are the Sonnet. Get it? Composed?

Sonnets want Love and have high ideals about it. They're conscientious people, caring & careful. You yourself have deep convictions, and you devote a lot of thought to romance and what it should be. This will frighten away most potential mates, but that's okay, because you're very choosy with your affections anyway. You'd absolutely refuse to date someone dumber than you, for instance.

Lovers who share your idealized perspective, or who are at least willing to totally throw themselves into a relationship, will be very, very happy with you. And you with them. You're already selfless and compassionate, and with the right partner, there's no doubt you can be sensual, even adventurously so.

You probably have lots of female friends, and they have a special soft spot for you. Babies do, too, at the tippy-top of their baby skulls.

Your exact female opposite:

Genghis Khunt

Genghis Khunt

Random Brutal Sex Master

Always avoid: The 5-Night Stand (DBSM)Deliberate Brutal Sex Master, The False Messiah (DBLM) Deliberate Brutal Love Master, The Hornivore (RBSM) Random Brutal Sex Master, The Last Man on Earth (RBSD) Random Brutal Sex Dreamer

Consider: The Loverboy (RGLM)

Link: The Online Dating Persona Test | OkCupid - free online dating | Dating
My profile name: : angelfly72


It's good to know that I'm not a Random Brutal Sex Master, and that I should avoid all brutal men, whether random or deliberate. :)

Comments

John Bryden said…
Its hard to guess how useful this stuff is, but I recently had an interest/obsession for a week or so with reading the socionics.com website. Its a slightly different approach, from the Russian-speaking world. (Me = INTj) (The small j is deliberate in their system.) Anyways, its all good fun, and maybe there's at least a smidgeon of insight to be had from it...
Ms Angela said…
I don't know if these tests are useful either, John. But like you said, it's fun. And right now, I don't have much else to do. I loathe television, especially daytime programming. The only places that I have the strength to go are to the doctor's office and my recovery meetings. So, doing the tests it is. Actually, I get more accurate information from my natal chart, especially if I look at my progressed chart. But that's a different subject altogether.

I question some of those tests, though. I'm a love sonnet? Please. I made early British lit professor very unhappy when I kept calling Petrarch (the poet credited with originating the love sonnet) "Pet Rock". He really didn't like that.

And I think they tagged me with the sonnet thing because I'm a pretty cheap date. I can't eat at restaurants; I'd rather walk on the beach alone so I can meditate, and my idea of a fantastic date would be to spend the weekend at Comic-Con. Well, that's not cheap. But it's not romantic, either.

I'll have to check out the socionics.com site. Do you speak Russian? I have Russian neighbors all around me, and I live next to a Russian grocery store. I can't go in there; they sell way too many chocolates and pastries!

You'll have to teach me a few words in Russian, like hello, goodbye, and most importantly, why do you slam your door all the time? Long story. I should probably blog about it.

Thanks for reading my blog, John!
John Bryden said…
Angela,

* I should have clarified that socionics.com is in English. The ideas were originally developed by a Lithuanian psychologist and initially taken up in the Russian-speaking world but now getting more popular in the west thanks to the web. Its MBTI with a twist; claiming to be more faithful to Jung.

* What's Comic-Con? (Walking on the beach I'm very familiar with.)

* I don't know Russian at all. There don't seem to be so many of them in my town.

* I think your blogs have gotten better since you had some extra time on your hands... Unfortunately blogging doesn't help pay the bills, eh?
Ms Angela said…
Oh, socionics.com is more Jungian, huh? That always amuses me. So many web sites and businesses have claimed to use "real" Jungian" psychology and methods. What is that, precisely? Rhetorical question, of course, because I don't think anyone really knows except Jung himself. And he isn't talking!

Too bad you don't have a lot of Russian immigrants in your town. I am learning a lot from them, and I mean that in a very good way. It forces me to consider the job Baha'is have been trusted to do--unify the world. How can I help do that when I become irritated because my Russian neighbor bangs on things and screams in the middle of the night. I have no idea what she has been through, and she'll never tell me because she doesn't speak a single word of English.

How did Abdu'l-Baha do so much teaching to so many different people? When I contemplate what he did, and how he laid the groundwork for us (ill-equipped in comparison), I'm in awe. I don't have a clue about how to cross such huge national, cultural, social and language divides. All I can do is smile and nod when she passes by.

I'm praying for the willingness to open my mouth and let God come through.

Comic-con? LOL! I'm just showing my innate nerdiness. It's a huge comic book convention for publishers, writers, artists, advertisers, collectors and best of all, fans. Marvel, DC, Dark Horse, the indie mags and a whole lot of Star Wars/Star Trek and other sci-fi stuff. In fact, it was Comic-Con that started the initial buzz for Star Wars Episode IV back in the 70s, and for "Heroes" two years ago.

I haven't gone yet, but I will, someday. So, yeah, I'm definitely a geek. Not too many women even want to hear about Comic-Con, much less attend!
John Bryden said…
Angela, I was about to continue the conversation when I got called away to do some Sunday stuff with family. Some other time, then ...

Popular posts from this blog

Deep breaths. This is only part of your life. Part 3

My former English professor and mentor

About Love (Love Actually)